Syracuse, Uncategorized

Syracuse University’s Top Party School Ranking Does Not Influence All Who Attend

The Hall of Languages, a landmark of the Syracuse University campus. (c) 2018 Dallas Jackson

Click Play to hear more about Syracuse University’s ranking as a party school.

Audio Transcript: SU’s Party School Ranking

By Dallas Jackson SYRACUSE, N.Y. (NCC News) – The Princeton Review has Syracuse University as the Number 4 party school in the country for the second year in a row. The rankings are based on a survey of over 130,000 students at over 300 colleges across the country. Schools are ranked every year based on questions about drug and alcohol use, hours of study each day, Greek Life and other factors.

Does S-U’s ranking as a party school have any influence on students attending?

Justin Young, a junior studying history at Syracuse, says it wasn’t partying that made him consider attending the university.

“I think mainly it’s because I have a family base out here,” Young said. “My cousin went to Syracuse. I actually have an uncle who went to Syracuse as well.”

Young is a California native and wanted to break out and go somewhere new to further his education. With New York being so far away, Young thought it would be a great place to do so. As a junior, Young says he’s lived out most of his full college experience already.

“Partying is not all the way out of the question, I might go to some here or there,” Young said. “But it’s not going to be like my main focus.”

Young admits that his younger self would have been much more excited to hear about the ranking. Now he is looking forward to graduating. After college, Young hopes to become a history teacher.

To see Princeton Review’s full profile on Syracuse University, click here.

For a list of sporting events at S.U.’s Carrier Dome, click here.