By Jonathan Singh SYRACUSE, N.Y (NCC NEWS) – July 4th, the time of the year where fireworks light up the sky while locals gather together to watch the sparkling display. Communities around Central New York are getting ready for their annual Fourth of July celebrations and fireworks.
Also, if you can’t make it out on the fourth we have you covered.
NCC’s Top 4 spots to celebrate the Fourth
- St. Joseph’s Health Lakeview Amphitheater: If you want to see a big display head out to the Amphitheater on July 4. The fireworks will shoot off at 9:45 p.m.
- NBT Bank Stadium: If you want double-the-fun head out to the Syracuse Chiefs game on July 4 as they take on Lehigh Valley at 7:05 p.m. After the game NBT Bank Stadium will have a firework display for the fans.
- Veteran’s Memorial Park, Gillie Lake: If you enjoy the beach, fishing, and a playground for the children, Gillie Lake is your spot. The firework show at the lake will be this Saturday, June 30. An early display, but for sure a great spot to bring the kids.
- East Syracuse Elementary School: Warm up with some music before the firework display. There will be a community concert from 6:15 – 9:15 p.m. Followed by the fireworks at 9:30 p.m. 7/7.
Here are some more options
- Oswego Harbor, Breitbeck Park, 7/1 @ 9 p.m.
- Dwyer Memorial Park, Cortland, 7/3 @ 9:15 p.m.
- Cazenovia Lake, 7/4 @ 9 p.m.
- Casey Park, Auburn, 7/4, following the Doubleday baseball game.
- Lakeshore Country Club, Cicero, 7/4, dusk.
- Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site, 7/4, dusk.
The map below will show you the specific locations of where you can watch the fireworks.