Central New York

Snipping and Styling Tailgates Across the Country

By Sean Robson, SYRACUSE, N.Y. (NCC News) — Branding a successful start-up before you even step foot on a college campus is a feat in and of itself… just ask Remi Lubcher, founder of Snipped and Styled. The successful venture isn’t ran out of warehouse, retail store or factory… the orders, production and shipping all take place in her apartment.

“I try to keep everything as neat as possible but my employee’s come over a bunch of times a week at all different hours and my roommates are so gracious about letting them be here and work,” said Lubcher. 

Founded in 2014, Snipped and Styled has roots dating back to Lubcher’s time as a senior in high school. It was the first time she had used a pair of scissors with her own garments, and fortunately for her, the rest is history.

“So I took a scissor to my clothing and started cutting shirts and the next day in school people stopped me and said oh my god this is fabulous could you do this for me.”

The past four years have seen the venture grow more than Lubcher ever imagined. Her line of clothing, popular amongst women tailgaters, has appeared at universities across the ACC, BIG10 and PAC12. Not to mention the national spotlight with features in Seventeen Magazine, The Her Campus 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women and the Forbes Women Summit.

Lubcher faced one of her largest hurdles last Spring when she studied abroad in Madrid, Spain. While her coworkers handled the majority of tangible work back on campus in the states, Lubcher still handled most of the customer service from overseas. Arguably her greatest bump in the road looms ahead; the future of Snipped and Styled, but Lubcher doesn’t seem to be too concerned.

“I love being my own boss, I love being an entrepreneur and maybe if not snipped and styled maybe another entrepreneurial endeavor, I definitely hope to continue having entrepreneur ventures in the future.”

But until graduation day Lubcher will stick to growing her company- marketing via social media. Her large Instagram presence is one of the leading reasons she believes her company garnered so much attention… from girls that is. When asked if she would consider starting a line for men, Lubcher kept her answer short…

“Would you spend $39 on a shirt?”