SYRACUSE, N.Y. — For the sixth straight year, the Alzheimer’s Association hosted the Dementia Care conference at the Holiday Inn in Liverpool on Wednesday.
Caregivers and family members of dementia patients from all over Central New York attended to receive help with caring for those affected by this sickness.
The event features an interactive expo with experts giving tips on certain issues related to dementia.
36 vendors were tabling at the expo.
This year, the conference focused on certain topics such as:
- How to engage through reminiscing
- New ideas for activities at home
- Preventing caregiver stress
- Tips for enhancing mealtime
- Ways to encourage movement
In addition to the expo, there were also three keynote speakers:
- Jolene Brackey, author of Creating Moments of Joy
- Dr. Amy D’Aprix, author of From Surviving to Thriving: Transforming Your Caregiving Journey
- Lee Woodruff, author of bestseller In An Instant: A Family’s Journey of Love and Healing
According to alz.org, the goal of the conference is “to empower caregivers with practical solutions.”